SEARCH

01. When was the International School of the Golden Rosycross founded?

The beginnings of the Lectorium Rosicrucianum date back to 1924 when the brothers Zwier Willem Leene (1892-1938) and Jan Leene (1896-1968) began their spiritual work in Het Genootschap Rozekruisers, the Dutch organization of the Rosicrucian Fellowship, which was founded by Max Heindel in 1909. In 1935 they decided to proceed on the spiritual path with their own group, independent of the Rosicrucian Fellowship. After the second world war, the community adopted the name „Lectorium Rosicrucianum“. The spiritual leaders of the Lectorium Rosicrucianum were Jan van Rijckenborgh (pen name of Jan Leene) and Catharose de Petri (pen name of Henriette Stok-Huizer, 1902-1990). The spiritual leadership is now shared by the ISL (International Spiritual Leadership) group.